Monday, July 28, 2014

Our Weekend

Hey there Monday! It has been a little low key over here, it is funny how when the baby is acting crazy, you want her to just sit and cuddle and then when she is sick, you just want her to be running around, acting crazy again. 

I have literally been inside for 3 days straight, getting a little cramped. 

Delilah started running a fever Thursday and has not been feeling good since. That means a lot of extra holding, nursing, and sleepless nights. The doctor gave her some cough medicine, she has the equivalent of bronchitis, but the baby version and we are waiting to hear back for the strep test, which will hopefully be negative. We thought it was just her teeth, but I am now convinced that it not only is her teeth, but growing pains, a runny nose, and her cough. She has the most pitiful hoarse voice. 

We took it easy and tried getting her out in the water, which lasted about 2 minutes, enough time to get this picture. 


Then she started to drink the water, and it was crazy windy and way past her nap time, so right when shit started to hit the fan, we left!

I am updating her nursery right now, kinda turning it into a little girls room. I still have the rocker in there, which is where we spend all most of our time. As soon as she feels better, I am going to stick to it and stop nursing her to sleep. I think it will be better for everyone in the long run, it will just be tough to get through. I can do it! (Maybe if I say that enough, I will believe it and I really will stick with it!) 

I made Delilah a little reading nook and I am really excited about it, she already seems to love it! I have a problem with buying books, I can't seem to stop, so I will need another shelf here pretty soon! Especially once the next Amazon Prime order gets here. I am putting her favorites on the bottom where she can reach and grab them, and then hand them over to me to read for the 376th time. It really is cute, but I am really ready for Brown Bear to start seeing something else, you know what Im saying?



I get a little sad when I think about Delilah growing up so fast, but then that sadness is quickly replaced by excitement. I am so excited for her to learn new things and love the fact that she is so inquisitive about everything! 

Hopefully, this medicine will start kicking in and I will have my descructo baby back. A full night's sleep would be good too ;)

On a side note, I have ran into a giant, non motivated, stop me from being creative, food wall. I have hit it at full speed. I made chicken and rice the other night, and it could have literally been used as a weapon. It was done. I am not sure what is going on here, but hopefully I will find my cooking inspiration again and get back to working it. Anyone else ever fall into an 'is this even edible, should I feed it to my family' cooking rut?

I hope everyone has a really great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment