Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Food for your Itty Bitty: Oatmeal Muffins

In my earlier post about breastfeeding, I mentioned how important it is to keep snacks around because you will be hungry, oh so hungry. I tried to keep it healthy, but sometimes you just need a slice whole apple pie. ;) These are the muffins I had laying around, easy to make and easy to grab and go. I read that eating oatmeal can help increase your supply, so I ate a ton of oatmeal in the beginning!

Delilah is not a fan of regular oatmeal, I have tried to jazz it up and it is still a no go, but she loves these and are easy for her cute, tiny little fingers to pick up. I am not a good baker, due to the fact that I don't like measuring and all of the steps involved make me a little crazy, so this recipe was nice because you can throw everything into a bowl and mix it up.



Get a bowl that is going to hold all the ingredients, woo wee my kind of baking!


Throw everything into said bowl.


Mix everything up, really good. The batter is going to be really loose. Have no fear, you are basically making oatmeal you can hold in your hand, along with a baby, diaper bag, 2 grocery bags, a coffee...


Pour the batter into a graded muffin pan. I do not usually bake, so I don't have any wrappers laying around. Not even sure if that is what they are called, I do know that they make everything really cute though. Hmmm, maybe I should run to Target.


It might be easier to pour the batter into a measuring bowl with a spout, as you can see I made a mess.

Bake at 375, mine took about 40 minutes.

When a butter knife comes out clean, that is my method to test if these sorts of things are done, then its time to take these puppies out. Let them cool and then eat a few!


*This post was interrupted so I could read "Five Silly Monkeys" for the 908th time.


Stop and Smell the Muffins!


Oatmeal Muffins

2 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
1 t Cinnamon
2 T Melted Butter
2 cups Milk
1 Egg
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1 Smashed Banana
1 pouch/ 1 cup Applesauce

*you can mix any fruit combo you would like, that is what makes this recipe so great. Just make sure it equals to 2 cups of fruit

Preheat oven to 375
Throw everything into a bowl and mix it up, or stir it up if you are feeling extra rasta today.
The batter is going to be really weird and thin, just pour it into the muffin tin, don't worry about a thing, because every little thing is gonna be alright!
Bake for 30 minutes or until you can insert a butter knife and it comes out clean.

Easy Peasy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment