Thursday, July 17, 2014

Dear Delilah

My mom, niece and nephew are here and we are getting more RSVP's and I have spent the last couple days remembering what I was doing this time last year: anxiously awaiting the arrival of our daughter. Feeling her move in the cramped space she had outgrown and wondering what my new life was going to be like. I was due on the 12th and had her on the 19th. What a crazy ride this has been.
So, as the weeks up to Delilah's first birthday keep coming to an end, I wanted to make a post about all of the things she is doing, and things I will miss and want to remember when she is older. I can not imagine my life without her and am sometimes overwhelmed by how much I love her. She is so special to us and everyday I laugh at her little personality. I cannot wait to see what the next year has in store for her.




Delilah Rose

20 pounds //  29 inches tall //  6 teeth

Favorite Foods:
blueberries, strawberries, chicken, pasta salad, broccoli, cottage cheese

I love:
my fuzz blanket, music, dancing, drinking water, my crazy dog push toy, facetiming granny, "Five Silly Monkeys", bathtime, my pink bib, people watching, "Itsy Bitsy Spider"

I Can:
sign "more" and "all done", walk, fake laugh and fake cough, say "uh oh", blow kisses, give kisses, wave "bye-bye", say no, and make everyone smile




Dear Delilah,

I can not even believe that you are about to be one. I have had the most amazing year with you and as this year closes, I am left with only memories of feeling you kick in my belly and the most insane heartburn I have ever felt. Sometimes when there is a moment of silence, I relive the day you were born. I was excited, scared, and so determined to get you out and meet you. I remember looking at you with such love and protection and my first words to you "Hi, baby.", I will never forget. I will never forget looking at your toes, 'crossed for good luck', and holding your tiny little fingers in my hand. As soon as they laid you on my chest, I never wanted to let go. These have been the most lovely months, some days I hold you on my hip and somedays I sit you down. Some days I feel like I can do this and be great, other days I feel like I am not doing anything right. But the most important thing is that you are happy, you smile at everybody and get so excited about things that I had forgotten were fun. I am so proud at your determination for life, your persistence to walk, and seeing you grow has been the best part of my life. You are my baby, now and forever, and I will be your mom forever and always. 

I will catch you if you fall, protect you when you are scared, and comfort you when you are sick. I will never stop kissing you, smelling your head, or telling you no when you are doing something you shouldn't be. 

You love music and dancing. You eat with one hand and delicately place each piece of food in your mouth. You love drinking water and throwing food everywhere. You always sit with your feet crossed. You always lean over when someone goes to give you a kiss. I love hearing the undistinguishable conversations you have with yourself, there are many. You love fried chicken as much as me and your dad, and you get so frustrated when your coordination stops you from doing something you have already decided you were going to do. You have the sweetest laugh and the most genuine smile. You light up this house and our lives. You are so independent and love handing us books to read. You make us laugh and even on the toughest of days, after we have finally gotten you to sleep, we stay up looking at pictures and videos of you, telling stories of the adventures you had for the day. 

We can not express to you how much we love you, how much you have changed our lives, or how excited we are to see your personality bloom. You are an hilarious little girl and the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love you so much sweet baby.

Love, 
Momma






No comments:

Post a Comment