Monday, March 23, 2015

End of a Fun Weekend

Those of you in Texas, can you believe this rain?? I am so ready for the sun to be out, but April showers bring May flowers, right? Granted it is still March, maybe we will get April flowers ;)

As I start getting ready for the home stretch of school before summer starts, I wanted to just say that we had a really great week over here! We had company in and out, Delilah danced and partied for 9 days straight. 

A friend of our graduated from the Austin Police Academy and it was so neat to see that type of ceremony. I had never witnessed anyone being pinned and while they were saying the oath, I had chills! Before the ceremony started, they had all of the graduates stand in the hall for everyone to see and take pictures, it was really cool. 

Delilah did alright. And by alright, I mean she sat for maybe 2 minutes, ate through all of her snacks, threw her juice bottle down the inclined aisle, which was followed by "Were'd juice go?" during the moment of silence, that kind of alright. 

Her buddy Jack was running around with her, it was hilarious watching them run wild. 

Delilah clapped after each and every name was called. She loved the bagpipes. And around 9:30 pm, started going down each and every pew (the graduation was in a gigantic church), stealing the pens, and writing on each on of the little pieces of paper. At that point, whatever stopped her from screaming was fine by me. She also loved seeing the other babies, she is getting pretty obsessed with babies, actually. Cute, until she tries to poke the baby in the eye. 

We were very honored they invited us to be apart of such a big accomplishment, we wouldn't have missed it for the world! 

Sunday, we went to a birthday for our friend's daughter, she turned three and had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed party. Delilah kept saying "Hi!" and hugging a life size Minnie Mouse balloon. She got to jump and slide in a bounce house and had a blast! The only way she would actually play in the bounce house was if I was in there, so yep, you guessed it, I Cirque de Solie'd my way into the smallest little opening and gave myself a pat on the back for actually dressing appropriately and wearing shorts and not a cute dress. This party made me start thinking about Delilah's second birthday party, and what the hell we are going to do! I have a few ideas but nothing solid. I can't even believe she will be two in just four very short months. Nuts.

We are all tired and not ready for the week to start, but we have already planned for a nice, relaxed weekend. 




These are the only 2 pictures I took this weekend, Byron and Johnny having a good time outside, and Delilahs friend, Jack, making a fort out of our sheepskin rug.

I hope you all have a great week!


xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment