Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Learning How to Swim: Day 1

Delilah had her first swim lessons today, well more like her first time in the big giant bath tub! I probably should have introduced her to a pool first, she was a little freaked out, but after about 45 minutes, she started warming up to the water!

Her instructor was going to try to get Delilah to be able to roll to her back, but ended up getting Delilah to feel comfortable with her and the water. Baby steps! I am a firm believer in babies learning to swim and be able to float for safety. I grew up in the water, living by the coast, and always loved to swim. Years of swim team and being lucky enough to have a pool, made me into the lover of water that I am today, and I want nothing less for Delilah. My goal is to get her more aquatinted with the water and hopefully by the end of the summer will be able to see her float around! 


Getting ready to go!



Meeting her instructor!




Finally getting comfortable! She loved those rings, she is cutting a few teeth right now, so those were a hit!



Me and my bebe :) 

Towards the end of the hour, I was able to get her to jump to me from the first step in the pool. She was finally having some fun! I forgot her sun hat, so she borrowed this baseball cap, love my little bald headed baby!

On a side note, I was putting on my bathing suit, which sadly I haven't been in since our honeymoon almost 2 years ago! Things were fitting a little tighter differently, so guess who is in the market for a new bathing suit top? 

Happy Summer!











No comments:

Post a Comment