Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Food for your Itty Bitty - Leftover Edition

I had a bunch of food leftover from the weekend and no idea what I was going to feed Delilah for lunch. Here is what I came up with, and she did not seem to mind!


Half of a 'chick chick' pouch (happybaby is our baby food brand of choice, Delilah loves everything they make), leftover mashed potatoes, left over rice, and a couple of slices of avocado.

Heat up the 'chick chick' and potatoes in a bowl, separately heat up the rice. Mash together the 'chick chick', potatoes, and avocado. I also added a pinch of salt and a dash of lemon pepper.


Grab a bit and roll into a ball in your hand.


Drop the ball into the heated and fluffed rice.


It's camouflaged!


There are the leftover balls!

Add some ripe cantaloupe to the mix and you've got a lunch party!




*** You can use this "recipe" with any leftovers you have. All you need is something to stick all the ingredients together, mashed potatoes for example. I was out of eggs, otherwise I could have mixed egg into the potato mixture and fried up the balls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment