Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Food for your Itty Bitty: Fried Rice

I usually am pretty good about making my own sauces for stir fry, however I thought I would try one of those packages out and see if there was much of a difference. Well, there was. It was way too salty and it was even too spicy, which is crazy because I love spicy. For the sake of this post, I will only give the recipe for fried rice and will document my stir fry next time I make it.

I am introducing a lot of new foods and flavors to Delilah, and so far so good. I thought it would be fun to make her some fried rice and see how she did with soy sauce. She loved it! I started feeling bad because she was picking up one single grain of rice at a time and you could tell she was hungry, so I helped shovel it in her mouth for her ;)


Start by cooking up your rice. I cooked this during her first nap at 10 am. That way it was waiting for me when I was ready to start frying it up!


I completely forgot to add diced carrots this time around, not sure what happened! But I would usually dice up 1 carrot and boil it until it was tender. 

Get your oil and your pan very hot. I put it on High. Add your rice and start breaking it up and stirring it around.


Clear some space in the corner of the pan, and crack your egg in there. You better quickly scramble it up, it's a hot pan!



Stir it all together.


Add the garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Then add the soy sauce.


After everything is well mixed, add your carrots (which I forgot) and edamame, or whatever other veggie you want to include.


Yum!

Hers:


Fried Rice

1 cup rice
2 cups water

Cook rice. Let sit and cool. Set aside.

1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 egg
1 carrot, diced and boiled
1/2 cup edamame
1/2 onion, chopped
3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
salt and pepper

Start by heating oil over high heat. Once pan is hot, sauté onion for a few minutes. Add rice and let fry for 5 minutes. Add seasonings and push rice over making a spot for the egg. Crack the egg and start scrambling it up. Mix egg together with the rice and add soy sauce. The amount you add it up to you, I went a little easy due to the fact it was Delilah's first taste. Cook another 5 minutes, add the carrots and edamame and then you're done!

I served this with chicken and broccoli, both very lightly seasoned ;)




** You can add beef or chicken or shrimp and make a meal out of it!





No comments:

Post a Comment