Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

This weekend consisted of painting, yard work, and spending time together as a family. We were exhausted come Sunday, with refreshed energy for the Game of Thrones finale, whew!

I have made a promise to myself to start doing the things that I want to do. Sounds simple, but it has been hard! Especially with a baby, it seems as though as soon as you have a baby your wants and desires go on the back burner. One of the items on my list was make our front yard pretty. I did not realize what a pain it would be, but we were able to get a fraction of our goals done.

I am so proud of what we accomplished!

I am sure we would have gotten further, however having the little bebe meant unplanned breaks and tag teaming like nobody's business. ;)

Midway through yard work, our lawn mower broke... so there was a mohawk in our yard. My poor husband, on Father's Day, had to finished the crazy jungle we call a yard. Our sweet neighbor let us borrow his mower. We did go out to eat to a local sushi restaurant, Byron's favorite, pick up an Under Armor shirt, also his favorite, and got all of the baby kisses and slobber he could ever want! All in all it was a great weekend, tiring, but great. I have been so lucky with the fathers in my life, my own dad set the bar really high on what kind of father I wanted for Delilah, and Byron has been nothing short of amazing. I am so proud of the father that he has become.


I know the quality of this picture is pretty terrible, but I love the way they are looking at each other. Delilah was so excited to open this box up and Byron was trying to get it set up as fast as possible, so there was a brief stare down and I am so glad I happened to catch it. The way these two interact cracks me up and will without fail put a smile on my face.



It looks as though I have moved all of my pictures, otherwise I would have probably posted about 83 pictures of them. 

 Delilah has her first swim lessons today, we are I am excited and nervous! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment