Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy Birthday Dad!

I have had a plant for about 5 years, a desert rose. I got this from an antique fair and it was a couple inches tall. We have babied this plant and watched it grow throughout the years, but it has never bloomed. Until last week!



Just when I needed a little sunshine in my life, it bloomed. And just when I needed to laugh and have family around, this weekend happened!

Oh and just when I needed a little help around the house, this happened:


Delilah and the Swiffer.

What a week! This weekend we had such a good time, my mom and dad came into town for my dad's birthday and we made a delicious meal! No pictures, there was no time! My niece and nephew also were here to visit entertain Delilah.


This baby loves purses!

We got Delilah's one year pictures taken and even though I was skeptical, they turned out so good! As soon as I get the copies, you better bet your bottom dollars I will be posting them ;) She did really good considering how hot it was and all of the distractions. You will never see a woman act more out of her mind then when you watch her try and make her baby smile for pictures! And we probably listened to Katy Perry's Roar about 53 times! 

Byron went out of town to do work at his parents house, but got a little quality time in before he left.


These two :)

We made some yummy donuts one morning. With my mom's iced tea of course ;)


To make these, you get biscuits and cut out the middle, I used a shot glass, it made for perfect donut holes. You heat up 1/4 inch of oil and fry until golden brown. Dip them in melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar. So good!

We tested out the new water park in our area, Delilah loved the lazy river! 

My dad got here Saturday morning and me and my mom got to cooking. Ribeyes, mashed potatoes, green beans, and hollandaise sauce. Oh and golden beets, that only me, my mom, and Delilah ate!

His birthday dinner was finished off with yellow cake and fudge frosting!


Everyone left pretty early Sunday, my dad had to work and the kids needed to get ready for school. I already miss having everyone here, it is really hard to not have family close, but at least everyone got to visit. Delilah woke up this morning expecting to see everyone in the living room, needless to say, she was a little disappointed once she realized it was just her and me and 3 loads of laundry. 

It was a great weekend! Happy Birthday to the greatest man I know, who I proudly get to call Dad, I love you so much!






No comments:

Post a Comment