Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Post about Blue Jeans

Well another pair of my beloved blue jean cut-off shorts met their untimely death. This time: the button broke. 

For those of you that don't know, I am always in cut off shorts. They are my go to, pretty much everyday. I have been wearing them every summer for 8 years, and have gone through 3 pair.  The first started by accident and quickly became a wardrobe staple. When those were no long appropriate to wear, I do have some standards, I made the other. Actually, my best friend had taken over the first pair and I had to make a new pair, which turned into "my" shorts. I wore those suckers for 3 years, even well into my pregnancy with Delilah. It was hard to say goodbye to those old things.

The newest pair, I only had for a few months, but they got their use. Through painting, baby drool, you name it. I was excited about these because the fact I have had those particular blue jeans for 10 years! 10 years people! I guess it was more of a 'look what I can do' than anything else. I was proud once I fit in those again after baby. Well the button kept falling off and I decided it was time to say goodbye to pair 3 of the cut off shorts.


Many memories in those jeans. Turning 21, going through my first bad breakup, almost getting my leg ripped of by a dog on a metal leash, crazy nights in San Marcos. Its funny how one pair of jeans has been with me through so much. They became my new shorts and took on a whole new life, much like my own life. 

As you can see, there are countless stains, rips, and wears, and that is the way I like it. I literally just cut where I want the shorts to lay and make two slits on the sides, the whole process taking 5 minutes. 

I didn't realize this post was going to turn into Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, I guess I am reflecting and remembering where all I have been and how much I have changed. 

Alright Pair 4, let's see what you are made of!


No comments:

Post a Comment