Saturday, January 17, 2015

Radio Silence is over.


What a crazy couple of months we have had, which included Delilah weaning from breastfeeding at 15 months (yay!), I started a new job (yay!), Delilah started a new school (yay-ish), becoming obsessed with Essential Oils, and most importantly becoming happy, content, and relaxed as a working mom. 

It has been quite the adjustment, going back to work, but we did it! I was super overwhelmed with daily household chores, cooking, getting ready in the morning, and stressed out about Delilah being in day care. But, after 2 full months of figuring out a routine, everything is finally back in place. I was having trouble being at home all day with Delilah. I think she was bored, I was bored, and it was really starting to become negative for me. I was so lucky I was able to stay at home with her for as long as I did, and honestly, if we have another baby, I am sure I will want to stay with them a year, as well. But, it had definitely ran its course and we were ready for a change. I started applying for jobs around my area, and right when I was about to get completely discouraged, I got a phone call from a school, literally one minute down the road. I went in for my interview and that day was hired! It has been so amazing and so positive for me, and not to mention the 3 weeks I have already had off, have been nice ;) I think transitioning to work after being at home for so long is difficult for anyone, and I feel so lucky I was hired on in my position and am able to have those breaks off to spend with Delilah.

Day care. This one was tough. And still is tough. I found a great school for Delilah, it is part of a church and they keep them busy, all day long! They don't stay in one room all day, they have chapel time with music, there is a huge gym, and of course, the all time favorite: the playground. It took Delilah a good two weeks to get adjusted to being dropped off every morning. It. Was. Hard. I started wondering if it was worth me going back to work, but we stuck with it, and I am glad we did. Now, every morning I sit her down with breakfast, and she waves and says "byyyyyye!". In the afternoons when I pick her up, I actually have to bribe her with something so we can leave. I think we found a good place, for sure! However, we have literally been to the doctor about 7 times. I have had to stay home a total of 3 days, because of fever. She got her second ear infection, ever, a couple of days ago. And at one point, had about 3 different viruses going on, and rashes from head to toe. It has been a shit show, that is for sure. Hopefully, it will start winding down and we can all go about our lives, we can only hope! This is around the time I started learning about essential oils, and let me tell you, I am kind of obsessed, but more on that later.

Here are a few pictures of moments we have had the last few months:

She's getting hair!

Halloween 2014

Obsessed with her iPad

Hello // Moccs

Her first day at day care ;)

Hello Blue Eyes

Granny at her Christmas program

Christmas Party at school

Little People Nativity Set

Merry Christmas! (Don't mind the distorted picture not sure what happened there)

Delilah's twirl dress, she twirled more than she has every twirled before in this dress ;)

Being Santa is pretty f*ing cool.

Her new Abby Doll. L.O.V.E

Sweetest thing I ever did see

Because everyone needs a cupcake beanie ;)

Yoga Pretzles!

Sassy in Slippers

Could bath time be any cuter?

And finally, my small but effective oil collection! Can't wait to share this with you ;)

There have been a lot of ups and downs, but at the end of the day, we are so lucky and I am one happy lady. As the great Macklemore once said, "This is fucking awesome."


No comments:

Post a Comment