Sunday, January 18, 2015

Food for Your Itty Bitty: Super Simple Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta

This could quite possibly be the easiest, quickest recipe known to man. Especially when you use a rotisserie chicken!

Delilah has a thing with pesto, she loves it! I decided to use rigatoni, a little bit of a fatter, tubed pasta. At first, I didn't think that pasta was going to work, but we cut it up in little tubes, and she started sticking her fingers into the hole, waving around her pasta covered finger, then eating it. It. Was. Hilarious. So needless to say, I will be looking for small, short tube pasta and if I cant find that type, rigatoni cut up it will be. 


Byron also ate about 8 pounds of this dinner. It is a hit around here and like I said, super easy!

Put some olive oil in the pan, and start sautéing up your mushrooms. Mushrooms are completely optional. While those are browning, cut up your chicken, I used the breasts for this meal.



Once they are brown, add a small jar of pesto. Once again, if you are feeling up to it, make your own. Ive got a season of Walking Dead to finish, so I used Progresso ;)


Once that is warmed up, add a spoonful of cream cheese. I no longer buy regular cream cheese, it is all about the whipped cream cheese. Try it. Do it!


Mix that in, then add some milk. At this point, let your sauce boil for about 5 minutes, you want it to thicken a bit. You could always add butter, and you could always use cream. Let your heart guide this one ;)


While you are making your pesto sauce, you should be boiling water and cooking your pasta. I make sure my pasta is extra done, since the little babe will be eating it. Once your pasta is done and sauce is thick enough (add pasta water to help it along), add your pasta and chicken to the party. Wowza!


At this point you can add some parmesan cheese, I didn't have any so we just did without, a crying shame, I know. Once you stir everything together, that is it, you are done! Literally, like 15 minutes! Done!


 I do not recommend watching Walking Dead while eating this meal. That show is out of control. Some nice classical, soothing music in the background would be great. Lowering your blood pressure as much as possible before the show starts. 

Enjoy!

Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta

2 Breasts from Rotisserie Chicken
1 jar pesto
I container Baby Bella mushrooms
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/2-1 cup milk
1/2 pound pasta
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
salt and pepper

Boil water for pasta, cook until tender.

Dice up chicken.

Brown mushrooms, add 1 t garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper.
Add jar of pesto and warm it up, stir in cream cheese, and add milk. Bring to a boil, and let it go for about 5 minutes, until it thickens. Add pasta water if necessary.
Add chicken and cooked pasta, stir, and serve. Bam!




No fork needed, I've got fingers!








No comments:

Post a Comment