Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Essential Oil of the Week: Thieves

Out of all of my 17 oils, I have used Thieves the most. It is that yucky time of the year, where everyone is coughing, sniffling, blowing their nose, spraying germs in my line of fire. I have battled either a cold, allergies, or a little bug at least 3 times since I have started using oils, and let me tell you, my little "sicknesses" have only lasted 3 days, at the max. I am going to go ahead and thank my little Thieves bottle for that ;)


This is a blend of clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary. It has a 99.96% kill rate against airborne microorganisms, whoa! It is a germ fighting machine and I just love it. 

As soon as I feel as though I am coming down with something, I put just one drop in a glass of water and swallow it down. If I already am feeling sick, I make a little Thieves Tea. (1 drop Thieves, 3 drops Lemon, honey, and a mug of hot water). 

Is it only to be ingested, you ask? Nope! I am disinfecting Delilah's bath toys right as we speak ;) I put her toys in a bowl, fill it with water and add 4 drops of Thieves. I don't have to worry about any bleach leftover on her toys and I know they are clear of any unwanted germs.

Love It!


I apply a blend of oils to the bottom of Delilah's feet right now, as well. Like I mentioned before, it is that time of year and being in day care, it would be great to catch a break.  Just another reminder, make sure you dilute the oils in a carrier oil and always take precaution when using oils with the itty bittys. (1 Tablespoon coconut oil, 2 drops Lavender, 1 drop Lemon, 1 drop Frankincense, and 1 drop Thieves.)

My next adventure will be to make my own hand sanitizer with Thieves, don't worry, I will let you know how it goes!

xoxo








Any suggestions made on this blog are very specific to Young Living essential oils and should not be used with oils from another source. Statements made on this website about Young Living Essential Oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician. Always test with carrier oil before applying directly to skin, not intended for children under 2 years old. Always consult a doctor or pediatrician  If you are currently on medication, please DO NOT STOP.






No comments:

Post a Comment