Sunday, October 12, 2014

Food for Your Itty Bitty: Leftover Chili Cheese Pizza

So, I know it has been a while since I have posted anything food related, well at least food that I have cooked. I have been in the world's biggest slump when it comes to cooking and not exactly sure why. Do you ever get into a food rut?

Well, I have and boy was I in one. I felt like I was cooking the same things over, and over, again, the reason I felt that way, is because I actually was cooking the same things! With a new job on the horizon, I am going to have to start getting creative with meal planning and preparing, I will hopefully share it all with you!

In the meantime, I made chili yesterday, just a simple chili, no bells or whistles. I like eating chili on baked potatoes, so that is what we had. I always jazz up baked potatoes, this time including butter (of course) and cream cheese. Top it with cheese and chili and you are good to go! It is impossible to eat all the chili you make (or is it?), so here is something new you can try with your leftovers!

Chili Cheese Pizza!

I will admit, I let Delilah try the chili, she took a bite then coughed, then drank about 65 ounces of water. I didn't add any spice, but chili in itself is pretty spicy without any cayenne, so I am going to make a little corner of the pizza baby friendly. ;)

This post also has my recipe for cheese sauce, which can be used on just about anything!

Enjoy!


I start by making a creamy cheese sauce. Melt butter, add flour and let it cook out a bit, then add milk, once it thickens, add a handful of cheese and salt and pepper.






Once your sauce can coat the back of a spoon, its time to add the cheese.


Open your pizza dough, if you are feeling extra fancy, you can make your own. I let Pillsbury do the work for me this time :)


Spread over your sauce and put some more cheese on top!



Pre bake for about 10 minutes. Once you take it out, spread over your leftover chili and then, of course, more cheese.



Bake for another 10 minutes or so, and that is it!



Delilah's part is the little sliver without chili, overall it was a success. Byron's mind was blown when he realized he was eating "chili pizza". 

Leftover Chili Pizza

Creamy Cheese sauce:

3 T butter
3 T flour
1 cup milk
1 handful cheese
salt and pepper

Melt your butter, add flour and cook for about 2 minutes. Slowly add milk, while constantly stirring. Once thick, add cheese and salt and pepper.

If your sauce is a little too thick, add a little more milk!

** I always use this sauce, it is easy and so versatile! I use it to top broccoli, mix it with pasta, or put on toast. Let your imagination run wild!

Pizza:

Pizza Dough
Leftover Chili
Cheese

Follow instructions of dough.
Put creamy cheese sauce, then chili, then cheese. Add onions, jalapeƱos, or whatever else suits your chili fancy.
Bake and then eat!

Hers:

(Yep, that is kale, and nope, she did not eat it.)

Ours:


Perfect Sunday, Fall meal! Happy Sunday everyone!











No comments:

Post a Comment