Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Life Happened, again!

Wow, it has been about three weeks since my last post, but Im back! 

My last post consisted of Delilah being extremely sick. I thought we were out of the woods, but a couple days later, she developed a rash all over her body. I thought it was an allergic reaction to penicillin, but ends up she had another virus. The doctor said she had what looked like roseola, or Sixth Disease. Basically, you start with a fever and then develop a rash. My poor baby had an ear infection, Hand foot and mouth, and roseola. 

Holy shit.

On top of everything, we were out of town and traveling lately has really been a pain in the ass. I am open to any advice on traveling with a baby, I can take all the help I can get! I am blaming all of our problems on the fact she has to sleep in a pack and play, so I told asked my husband about getting this travel crib. I have done a ton of research and this is it. So, next time we travel, we are going to get it and I will let you know how it works. I am banking on the fact that it is life changing and will solve all of our traveling problems ;)


Coming home!

Once we got home, she was almost completely better. Her Dad was so excited to see her and she was so excited to see him. I love watching her face the moment she sees him! Its amazing! 
What isn't amazing? Delilah's sleep schedule being all f*ed up. She went back to the old days, you know, the days of waking up every 3 hours. So, we have had to go back to letting her cry a bit. But I am happy to report, after only 2 days, she slept from 8 to 5 last night! I fed her and then she went back to bed until 8. Oh hi sleep, it has been a while since we last met.

My mom stayed a bit and we went shopping and ate at the same Italian restaurant 2 days in a row. They have this salted caramel, butterscotch mousse dessert that knocks your socks off. Not to mention, Delilah's appetite was back in full force and she loved their meatballs!



Leaning over to get kisses :)

Two things happened while we were out of town, Delilah got extremely close to Granny and her blanket. I washed her blanket yesterday and tried giving her a backup, it failed! She knew it was an imposter blanket! She is officially a blankie baby!

Delilah isn't walking just yet, but she is definitely cruising. I have been a little weird about getting her shoes, only because it doesn't make sense. Yeah, they are cute, but I honestly would rather buy something else. Well how quickly things have changed! Now that she is standing up more and literally, this close to walking, I am more excited than ever about little itty bitty baby shoes! We got her first pair and I love them!


Sorry about the blurry picture. Since we live in Texas, socks are completely not necessary, but just add a little a ton of cuteness. Looks like we need to go get some sandals ;)

To end the month, we had one last trip to make. A great friend has a son 2 months older than Delilah, and he was celebrating his first birthday! We decided we wanted to give traveling another whirl and yeah, that was a small disaster. We ended up only staying one night, but we had a blast at the party. All of the dads watched the kiddos and us mommas got some much needed girl time, it was a blast! I got Jack a little backpack and a magnetic train set, and I picked up this cute little bow for Delilah.


Look at that face! Story of my life! And not sure what that is on her car seat, there is really no telling but you better bet it is clean now after looking at this picture ;)

All in all, it has been a pretty crazy month. Scary times, frustrating times, happy and hilarious times. Living in a glass case of emotions ;)

I hope everyone has had a great week and most importantly, Happy Memorial Day!









1 comment:

  1. hey,

    very nice posting and beautiful picture..thanks for sharing..

    bobbleheads

    ReplyDelete