Monday, May 11, 2015

Random Monday Thoughts

Today I went grocery shopping and was able to get in and out in about 45 minutes. (Delilah was at school.) I have now decided to try my very hardest to never, and I mean never, go grocery shopping again on a Monday. 

With that being said, I unloaded the car, cleaned out the fridge, put all the groceries up, and started to clean the dishes. Then I saw the light. 

The little 'CLEAN' green light on my dishwasher. Damn. Now I have to unload the dishwasher. 

I didn't unload the dishwasher. My husband happened to call just as I was about to get in there and do it and then he said the sweet, sweet words, "Don't worry, I will do them when I get home." 

That is all it took. Not only did I stop doing the dishes. But I did not unload the dishwasher and I proceeded to sit down and think about what we were going to have for dinner. 

We got Mexican food. It was delicious.

I had a brief moment of guilt. I just spent so much money at the grocery store and here we are eating out. 

It only lasted a moment ;)

We had a great weekend. Byron bought me a YETI koozie for Mother's Day. Classy.

I love it.


On Sunday, I called my Mom first thing to wish her the best day ever. Since after all, she is pretty much the best mom ever.

We spent the day in La Grange and we hung out with my mother in law and sister in law, brother in law and nephew. 

Delilah fed cows, watched the chickens and ducks play, and rode around on the ranger. I had a wonderful time hanging out with everyone and was reminded of how lucky I am. 

I am a momma to this wild, crazy, independent, sweet little girl. 

This weekend I have decided that I will get away for a moment to get a pedicure and make a diffuser bracelet at a local bead shop. 

I have also decided on a haircut and color, now I just need to find the time to go and get that done! 

We do a lot of dishes, like any other family. And when I stumbled across this sponge a few years ago I was so happy about such a pretty sponge. I went to go look for more, and I could never find them again! Until...now! I was at The Container Store and you would not believe my excitement when I stumbled across these. 


Yep a sparkly sponge. Makes doing dishes that much funner ;)

With summer only weeks away, I am so excited about being able to travel to see my family, hang out with Delilah, and go swimming and make popsicles. She will be in school 2 days a week, so I can't even imagine what I will be able to do for those 2 days I will have to myself, the possibilities are endless! Most importantly, this little girl is turning 2 and I have some party planning to do ;)




I hope you all had a great Monday!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment