Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Better late than never.

As I am sitting at my desk, doing everything in my power to stay focused and actually work, I stumble across these blogs that are so entertaining. Before I know it, it is already 4:26 pm and I have not done an ounce of work, but I have learned about a stranger's child and their likes and dislikes and that they are finally potty trained.

I am completely intrigued.

A light bulb goes off and I decided to document the last 12 weeks of my pregnancy and maybe even surprise myself and keep it up after my bun gets done baking. After all, the worst that can happen is I look extremely busy at work, typing away, at what looks like a very important bid. Ha!

Our quick story:

Byron (my funny, never a dull moment, lovable husband) ask me to marry him in New Orleans after 4 ish (I am terrible at remembering dates) years of dating. A year later, September 15, 2012, we were married in Austin, Texas at Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center, and it was beautiful. Sometimes, I catch myself staring at the pictures, reliving the songs, laughter, and love that was everywhere that night. It was a blast.


----Side note: So much of a blast, that a guest had to be wheeled away due to dehydration because they decided to run a marathon that day, not drink enough water, not eat the amazing fried chicken served, and drink enough white wine to kill a small elephant. The only part of the wedding to suffer was our ever anticipated departure, to which me and my sister spent hours making hundreds of "YAY" flags for our guest to eagerly wave as we leave. I am over it, really. I am.

Our honeymoon was in Belize, I am not going to say it.... not going to... it was un-belize-able!! I have a new love for coconuts. I love them. L-O-V-E.



We I pretty much spent the next month playing with all of our new stuff and bothering my husband with my drunken antics, there was so much alcohol leftover! I know it was a month of drunken antics because, a little over one month from the date we got married, I came home with a six pack of beer in one hand and a pregnancy test in the other, and guess what?

Surprise!

I gave the six pack to my husband because we were expecting our first baby, one month after we got married.



I am now 29 weeks and we are super excited to meet this little person, who could just not wait any longer to make their appearance in this world!

Oh and, surprise!

It's a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment