Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Food for your Itty Bitty: Cream Cheese and Strawberry Toast

Ok, so this could hardly count as a recipe, but we were running low on groceries today and I needed to get resourceful, and I was so excited about how good this turned out, I wanted to share! Delilah and I ate 3 pieces of this toast today, it was delicious.



It is super simple, literally 3 ingredients. Let's go!



Toast your bread.

Smear strawberry jam on the toast.

Top with whipped cream cheese.

Eat!



And that is it everybody. If you are wondering why I used whipped cream cheese, it is because I accidentally grabbed it on a quick run to the store. Does anyone else have as much trouble as I do finding normal cream cheese? Honestly, I don't really see myself ever going back to the regular stuff, since this is so easy to spread, but still, what makes finding good, old fashioned cream cheese so damn difficult. And unsalted, no sweet cream, butter. And, while we are at it, sour cream. I always stand in the diary aisle for like 15 f*ing minutes looking for what I need. And don't even get me started with yogurt. 

*On a side note, since I mentioned yogurt, if you haven't already, you have got to try Noosa. It is so good, really the best yogurt I have ever had. Mmmm the blueberry and raspberry are my favorite. DO IT! Try it!

So now you all know the troubles I have at the grocery store, getting back to the subject. (Anyone just have Salt&Pepper's Shoop pop in there head?) This toast is really good and went over great with Delilah, like we will have this for the rest of the week for breakfast, great. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!


No comments:

Post a Comment